Armoured For Life Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.armouredforlife.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, city, county, postcode
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Relevant information about your mental well-being, health and fitness levels
- Armoured For Life Ltd Consent Form
- Armoured For Life Ltd Waiver
- Armoured For Life Ltd Health and Well-being Screening
- Armoured For Life Ltd Member Profile
You may provide us with information in a number of ways:
- By supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by registering to use our Service or subscribing to receive updates or offers from us
- By corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses
- By completing physical copies of our various new member forms
- Through any preferences and areas of interest as advised by you on subscribing to our online services
- By Information provided when you use our mobile optimised website from your portable hand-held device including details of your physical location, where you have agreed to it being used
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us at any time, by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails or by contacting us directly.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Armoured For Life Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
Armoured For Life Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to ? and maintained on ? computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Armoured For Life Ltd may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Armoured For Life Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Armoured For Life Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The legal basis for processing your Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process your Personal Data are the following:
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your Personal Data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your Information to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we, or a third party, will need to process your Personal Data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your Information protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, notifying of changes to our Service, optimising our website and user experience, informing you about related and relevant properties and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in a particular way
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Armoured For Life Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Armoured For Life Ltd. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
To the extent that we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing via the link provided in any direct marketing communication or contacting us at the email address set out above.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at the email address set out above. You can exercise your rights free of charge.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
- Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
- Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page.
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook.
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
Trusted Third Parties
In order to provide certain services, we will share your Personal Data with third party service providers such as IT infrastructure companies and email logistics / marketing automation providers. We will not share your Personal Data with any third party where it is not necessary to do so to provide a service to you.
- Email logistics / automation provider:MailChimp
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your Personal Data with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such an event.
Making a Complaint
If you are unhappy about our use of your Information, you can contact us at the link above. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office